When you have your first child, it can be overwhelming. Once you have a second one, or more, life becomes, well, crazy at times. Being a mother is the most rewarding job a woman can have; however, it can also be the toughest. Busy moms put endless hours in the car, sitting at practices, watching games, making meals, wiping tears, kissing boo-boos and everything else involved in being “mommy.”
How do you survive being mommy?
1. Rest. Always rest as often as possible. Experts say adults need 7 – 9 hours of sleep per night. When you have a newborn, it’s best to sleep when your baby sleeps. Once your baby starts sleeping through the night, you will get a good night’s sleep again.
2. Nutrition. It is important to eat a well-balanced diet regularly, especially if you are breastfeeding. When your children eat from the table, nutrition is equally important so they learn to eat a well-balanced diet.
3. Routine. I know it’s hard to believe you will ever have a routine with kids, but it is possible and will make your life easier. Everyone benefits from a routine, mommy, daddy and kids. List everything that must be done and do them when you get a chance or have the energy. Asking family or friends, or even hiring someone, to help with routine tasks at home will cut down on your stress, and exhaustion.
4. Prioritize. It is very important to establish priorities and when you have an infant your priority is you and your baby. It won’t be long before life starts getting back to normal and you can do many of the things you did prior to the birth of your baby. As your children get older prioritizing activities and chores is necessary to stay sane.
5. Mommy Time. It’s imperative that you take care of yourself and spend some time doing it. Bubble baths, manicures, pedicures and exercise are ways to spend time alone and refresh your body and mind. Therefore, the time you spend with your baby (and children) will be even more enjoyable and relaxing.
Children grow up faster than we like, and quality time while feeling good will make that time more special for everyone.
Learn more about baby changing table at our baby care website.
Article Source: Free Articles